Windshield Camera Calibration St. Louis
Windshield Camera Calibration in St. Louis
Modern-day vehicles contain numerous safety features, thanks to technological advancements. However, some features may not function properly if your car’s windshield sustains damage and requires replacement. You must seek professional St. Louis windshield camera calibration and replacement services to keep you and your passengers safe.
The expert technicians of Martin Glass Company invested in three brands of industry-leading tools to recalibrate your advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) following a windshield replacement. As the first auto glass company to offer the vital windshield camera calibration service in the St Louis area, you can trust our team to get the job done. Request a quote or visit one of our locations today!
What is ADAS Calibration?
Advanced driver assistance systems work with camera, sensor, or radar equipment to provide various safety enhancements, such as:
- Pedestrian detection. Pedestrian detection systems gather data about a vehicle’s surroundings and alert drivers of potential risks so they can take action. Once it detects a pedestrian, bicyclist, or animal, the system provides an audible, visual, or haptic warning. Some higher-grade vehicles also engage an automatic emergency braking system.
- Traffic sign recognition. Like the pedestrian detection system, traffic sign recognition identifies speed limit, “do not enter,” and stop signs. The information then displays a graphic or icon representation of the sign through the information cluster, infotainment screen, or another display. It helps to increase driver focus on the road.
- Lane departure warning. Although switching lanes doesn’t always lead to an accident, the lack of using turn signals increases the risk. Lane departure warning systems set off an alarm if drivers venture from one lane to another without using their blinker.
- Lane keep assist. Lane keep assist works with lane departure warning systems and automatically steers vehicles back into the center of the lane once the warning signal sounds. It’s beneficial when a driver doesn’t have enough time to react.
- Forward collision alert. The forward collision alert system monitors the distance between a vehicle’s front bumper and the car ahead. If the space becomes too short, the system alerts drivers with a warning signal, alerting them of a potential impending collision.
- Adaptive cruise control. Traditional cruise control allows drivers to travel long distances at a consistent speed without touching the accelerator. Pressing the brakes would then turn off the system. Adaptive cruise control still helps drivers maintain speed but also adjusts the pace depending on the distance to the car ahead.
The implementation of ADAS in vehicles has proven to reduce accidents and keep drivers focused on the road. However, since the technology mounts to the windshield, vehicle manufactures recommend calibrating your ADAS after a replacement. Our trained technicians can restore your systems according to original equipment manufacturer (OEM) standards.
The Importance Of Windshield Camera Calibration
The cameras, sensors, and radar equipment used by ADAS can easily malfunction if any slight change occurs to the windshield. Therefore, recalibration could mean maintaining safety or causing an accident. These systems don’t automatically recalibrate by themselves, so an expert must ensure correct alignment and functionality.
Failing to recalibrate your ADAS significantly compromises safety, so you must request professional assistance. At our glass company in Missouri and Illinois, we expertly handle your windshield camera calibration and replacement in the same visit and location, so you don’t have to worry about going anywhere other than Martin Glass.
Why Choose Martin Glass forWindshield Replacement and calibration?
The trained and certified technicians of Martin Glass use Opti-Aim, Autel and Launch tools to recalibrate your ADAS windshield mounted camera. With having access to three tool manufacturers, We can handle almost every kind of ADAS windshield mounted camera recalibration and can return you to the road the same day. Further, insurance claims cover the calibration services and the windshield replacement under one claim. Our team also works with your insurance company, so you can focus on what matters most.
Since 1933, our focus has remained the same – providing the best customer service and quality. We take pride in the proper techniques we leverage and the products we use. Every glass product we install is OEM or OEM-equivalent, and our team boasts certification from Dow Industries. Our memberships in industry-leading organizations give you the confidence that you’ll receive the best windshield camera calibration services, installations, and products.
Martin Glass: Your St. Louis Windshield Camera Calibration Destination
It’s vital to ensure that your ADAS equipment performs properly. You can turn to the experts of Martin Glass for your windshield replacement and camera calibration. No longer will you need to schedule appointments at other auto shops to maintain ADAS functionality – with Martin Glass, one call does it all! Visit one of our convenient locations in Belleville, St. Louis, Collinsville, or Litchfield, or request a quote today for superior windshield camera calibration!